Hamadeh Educational Services is seeking a School Custodian to join our team! You will be responsible for the maintenance, cleaning, and care of the school building and will be working for school faculty and students.
The Academies mission is to provide their students with a quality education that focuses on a core curriculum and international cultures including the study of language. The academies provide an education of the whole child by integrating different diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds to their college-preparatory program serving families in the Greater Detroit area.
- Capable of climbing ladders and comfortable on roofs
- Maintain indoor and outdoor grounds as necessary
- Ability to provide minor repairs of doors, hardware, walls, partitions, ceilings and ceiling tiles, floors, carpet, mill work, furniture, and painting as may be needed
- Ability to work on plumbing maintenance of faucets, flush valves, hot water heaters, and other building fixtures
- Provide necessary maintenance reports and documentation as requested by the Supervisor
- Recognizes health, safety and security issues and has the knowledge to remedy situations
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor, Principal, and/or Superintendent or designee
- This list is not all inclusive
- Must have reliable source of transportation for working at multiple locations
- Must have minimally 2 years of experience with building maintenance
- Must have experience working with children
- Masonry and tile work experience is a plus
- Experience with light electrical repair
- Experience with basic routine HVAC units maintenance
- Physically capable of carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse setting
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Flexible open minded, self-driven team member
- Must be authorized to work in the US
CONTACT INFORMATION: Interested applicants may contact the Human Resources office, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (313) 565-0705, or mail to HES, Inc., PO Box 1440, Dearborn, MI 48121 or submit an application online at http://www.hesedu.com/careers/
Hamadeh Educational Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.