Position: K-5 Education Teacher
Supervisor: Principal and/or Other Designee
Description: Provides instruction to all students to master the grade level and/or course standards assigned.
- Teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by the Academy’ curriculum and any Federal, State, and/or Local requirements.
- Teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care by the Principal.
- Plan, prepare and deliver differentiated lessons to all students in the class.
- Teach according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students.
- Utilize instructional methods as set forth by the Academy Curriculum Map, Principal, School Improvement Plan, Academic Leader, and/or other required method of the Academy that best serves all students.
- Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of one’s students in PowerSchool in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and advice to students on educational and careers.
- Communicate, consult and co-operate with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Review and evaluate one’s own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programs and continue to set professional development goals.
- Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises.
- Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Participating in staff, group or other meetings related to the school curriculum, for the better organization and administration of the school.
- Contributing to the professional development of new teachers and student teachers according to arrangements.
- Providing the necessary information and advice to the designated personnel in the school and/or College and to provide all the necessary information regarding requisitions and arrangements in connection with the teaching of the subject/s assigned to him/her.
- Registering and monitoring the attendance of students under one’s care.
- Sharing in any possible and reasonable way in the effective management, organization, order and discipline of the school.
- Nurtures a culture where teachers view themselves essentially as facilitators of learning and reflective practitioners.
- Participates in IEP and Individual Transition Plan (ITP) meetings.
- Possess a valid Michigan teacher’s certificate with endorsements related to course / grade placement.
- Bachelors Degree with a major in a specific education area or have earned credit in course work equivalent to that required for a major.
- Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to work as part of a team, communicating with students and working with general education teachers, staff, and administration.
- Able to work under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods.