Work Schedule: 7:30-4 p.m. 5 days per week. Begin work one week prior to the first day of school and continue working one week after the last day of school as determined by the Board approved calendar; additional time as needed and assigned.
Certification: A valid Michigan Elementary Education Teacher Certification
Responsibilities include by not limited to:
1. Create a positive learning environment
2. Complete responsibilities detailed in the staff handbook
3. Work as a team member with Academy staff to maximize mastery of learning by all students.
4. Establish and utilize student progress data-base for regular reports to parents and supervisors
5. Implement school code of conduct
6. Establish and maintain effective classroom management plan which enables and supports the organization and delivery of effective instruction
7. Participate in curriculum development and implementation
8. Set high standards and expectations for students and offer support to become life long learners.
9. Develop and follow plans for effective problem-solving
10. Participate in recruitment new students
11. Complete professional development responsibilities as required
12. Perform other duties as requested
Terms of Employment: 12 month position
Salary: $29,500 with opportunities to earn additional compensation
Health, Dental and Life Insurance provided