Great Lakes Academy
Certified Teacher (Job Description)
Facilitate tasks under the supervision of Principal Human Resource Management Company Professional/ Exempt/ At-Will
Human Resource Management Company
Provides direct service to students, consults with other professionals, consults and discusses issues with parents, plans, delivers, and evaluates instructional outcomes, and conducts the research needed to perform the essential functions of the position. The direct instruction is delivered in a classroom, media center, laboratory, and as a field experience. Consultation with parents, other professionals, and agencies may take place outside of the school.
- Conducts research.
- Plans and delivers instruction using the most efficient and effective methodology for the
- Conducts assessments that are research based and appropriate for the students assigned.
- Provides corrective feedback to students and re-teaches as necessary to ensure that the students have mastered the objectives.
- Conducts research, reads professional literature, reflects, in the subject area of the assignment.
- Communicates with parents.
- Implements the approved course curriculum.
- Implements modifications in a student’s Education plan that is required by an IEP, 504 Plan or bilingual education program.
- Consult with other school staff as necessary to complete the functions of the position.
- Complete written reports and assigned administrative tasks related to these functions.
- Utilizes preventive discipline methodology with assigned students.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Required certifications/credentials as designated by the Michigan Department of Education
- Demonstrated competency in all areas of content responsibility
- Computer literate
Function: Reports to: Employment type: Employed by:
Great Lakes Academy
- Ability to communicate with superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Effective multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and respond to requests and deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to make sound decisions within parameters of authority
- Display a courteous, professional and tactful demeanor at all times
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with faculty, staff, Academy Board members, parents, students, Authorizer and community
- Motivate and create a shared vision within the Academy community
- Background including relevant teaching experience
- Knowledge of relevant technology
- Proven ability to serve as a role model who acknowledges through actions and behaviors the critical value of human relationships in achieving personal and professional goals as well as the organizational purpose.
- Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this position description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Disclaimer: This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of this position. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. The use of a particular illustration shall not be used to exclude non-listed duties of similar kind or level of difficulty.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
It is the policy of Great Lakes Academy that no person shall on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation and be denied the benefits, or be subjected to discrimination under program or activity and in employment, further the Great Lakes Academy Board of Directors strictly adheres to the provision of Title VI of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all Michigan Department of Education policies and regulations prohibiting discrimination.
*All Criminal background checks, unprofessional conduct and fingerprinting will be conducted in accordance with State Law.
Great Lakes Academy