Great Lakes Academy a K-8 Public Charter School in Pontiac Michigan is seeking a full-time Elementary Teacher.
Function: Facilitate tasks under the supervision of the Principal
Reports To: Principal
Definition: Provides direct service to students, consults with other professionals, consults and discusses issues with parents, plans, delivers, and evaluates instructional outcomes, and conducts the research needed to perform the essential functions of the position. The direct instruction is delivered in a classroom, media center, laboratory, and as a field experience. Consultation with parents, other professionals, and agencies may take place outside of the school.
- Conducts research.
- Plans and delivers instruction using the most efficient and effective methodology for the students assigned.
- Conducts assessments that are research based and appropriate for the students assigned.
- Provides corrective feedback to students and re-teaches as necessary to ensure that the students have mastered the objectives.
- Conducts research, reads professional literature, and reflects in the subject area of the assignment.
- Communicates with parents.
- Implements the approved-course curriculum.
- Implements modifications in a student’s Education plans that are required by an IEP, 504 Plan or bilingual education program.
- Consults with other school staff as necessary to complete the functions of the position.
- Completes written reports and assigned administrative tasks related to these functions.
- Utilizes preventive discipline methodology with assigned students.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Candidates must hold a valid Michigan Provisional or Professional Educator Certificate.
Interested candidates please submit resume, cover letter and proof of Michigan certification to email@example.com.