Landmark Academy must provide an excellent education to all of our students consistent with the mission, vision, and goals of the Academy and with the core values of Summit Management Consulting. Your primary goal is to ensure that each of your students is learning subject matter identified in the State standards and the Landmark Academy curriculum.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently plan and deliver lessons that are varied, interesting, engaging and enjoyable for your students.
- Facilitate learning by creating lesson plans in harmony with students learning styles.
- Assign homework only in accordance with Landmark’s homework philosophy and in alignment with Professional Learning Community (PLC) team guidelines.
- Offer assignments and assessments in accordance with four-period learning, providing frequent and timely feedback to your students.
- Consistently review and analyze student performance data to develop plans to meet the needs of all students (refer to the 4 essential PLC questions on the intranet).
- Maintain timely, complete and accurate student records (i.e. Skyward).
- Assist in the development of curriculum that is aligned to the State standards, referring to these approved guidelines as often as necessary ass you design and execute daily plans for teaching your students.
- Assist in the development and implementation of any educational plans such as IEP’s, 504 plans and behavior plans.
- Ensure that your classroom is conducive to learning – on that is safe and nurturing for all students. Provide consistency and balance for your students.
- Ensure that parents are frequently advised as to their child’s performance and progress.
- Communicated via all means available and necessary including voice mail, email, Skyward, face-to-face conferences, written correspondence or other means.
- Frequent communication will assist parents in playing a key role in their child’s education. This will prevent surprises with progress reports and report card results.
- Provide parents with encouraging news as well as items of concern.
- Return parent e-mail and voice mail messages within 24 hours.
- Conduct research, attend conferences, meetings, and pursue continuing education to ensure you are serving to model being a life-long learner and to ensure you are providing effective instruction. Keeping your teaching certification up to date is your professional responsibility.
- Teach and model elements of Landmark Academy’s approved character education program (7 Habits).
- Ensure students have a healthy self-respect and a respect for others.
- Use teachable moments to reinforce desirable character traits.
- Ensure that students follow Landmark’s rules and policies, using balance of Positive Behavior Interventions and Support along with disciplinary procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by School Administration.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required and Michigan Teaching Certification in the assigned area as well as pre-service experience, as required for certification.