Grand Traverse Academy's mission is for all students to be safe, loved, and learning as they achieve excellence in character and academics.
Excellence is defined as
- prepared for responsible citizenship
- prepared for success in higher education
The staff of Grand Traverse Academy believes
- in teaching exemplary character and excellence in academics.
- that all students are capable of learning; our high expectations and individualizing help their learning.
- in making decisions by first considering what is best for all students.
- that success in learning builds self-esteem and pride; challenge and mistakes are part of learning and help build character.
- in providing outstanding customer service to GTA community members.
- that Choice Theory helps us understand behavior, learning, and the importance of internal motivation.
- that staff and students are responsible for continuous improvement.
- that our school must have positive relationships built on trust, because everyone is important and contributes to learning.
- that GTA parents want good things for their children now and want them to have a bright future.
- that our core values will be passed on and maintained by the continued sharing of our history and mission.