Oct 23, 2018
Now Hiring: Elementary Reading Coach (Must be certified K-5 self-contained)
Salary: $40,000 - $60,000
Performance Bonus up to $5,000
Short Term Disability
Promotes and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed.
* Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines; school district and state requirements.
* Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
* Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
* Monitors, assists, corrects, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework; conducting standardized tests in accordance with district policies and state law.
* Maintains order in the classroom by counseling students with behavioral problems; consulting with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities, drug, or alcohol abuse, problems of social adjustment, or child abuse.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Intercepts deterioration in achievement by counseling students with academic difficulties; drawing on the school system's resources for additional academic assistance.
* Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
* Provide student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, and lunchroom; sponsoring student organizations or activities.
* Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances school's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Others, Listening, Collaborative Teaching - K-12, Deals with Uncertainty, Objectivity, Confidentiality.
Education Management and Networks
Oakland International Academy Elementary, Miller Street, Detroit, MI, USA