Hamadeh Educational Services is seeking a Resource Room Teacher to join our team! The resource room teacher plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities in a variety of educational settings.
The Academies mission is to provide their students with a quality education that focuses on a core curriculum and international cultures including the study of language. The academies provide an education of the whole child by integrating different diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds to their college-preparatory program serving families in the Greater Detroit area.
- Collaborates with general education teachers to create and modify lesson plans for all Special Education students
- Plans activities and projects that are relevant to students’ needs as recommended by supervisor
- Service Special Education students in both resource and inclusive setting in compliance with their IEP
- Implements appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, and materials
- Ensures comprehension of learning styles ans student needs
- Uses analytics and data to help drive instruction and promote learning
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in the study of Education or other related field
- Michigan Teacher Certification with K-12 Special Education Endorsement(s)
- Thorough knowledge of Michigan Core Curriculum
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Possess excellent verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in culturally diverse setting is a plus
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Flexible, open minded, self-driven team member
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Hamadeh Educational Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.