Hamadeh Educational Services is seeking a Social Studies Teacher to join our team! You will educate students using the Michigan Common Core Standards at the secondary level in a charter public school.
The Academies mission is to provide their students with a quality education that focuses on a core curriculum and international cultures including the study of language. The academies provide an education of the whole child by integrating different diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds to their college-preparatory program serving families in the Greater Detroit area.
- Provides engaging lesson plans to adhere to the curriculum for the grade level
- Implements appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, and materials
- Ensures comprehension of learning styles and student needs
- Creates and implements lesson plans to show modifications for differences in student learning styles
- Uses analytics and data to help drive instruction and promote learning
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Plans activities and projects that are relevant to the students' needs
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in the study of Education
- Must have a Michigan Teacher Certification with a 6-12 Grade Social Studies Endorsement or similar endorsement within the content area of Social Studies
- Thorough knowledge of Michigan Core Curriculum
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in culturally diverse setting
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Flexible open minded, self driven team member
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Hamadeh Educational Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.