Text JOBS to (616) 631-6186 to chat now!
Bradford Academy strives to instill the qualities of character, excellence, creativity and service into our students as they become prepared, global leaders.
Bradford Academy encourages and fosters:
- Discovery of oneself through cultural experiences
- Development of individual purpose that nurtures success
- Leadership in personal responsibility, service and dignity
- Achievement based on ethics and integrity
Why Bradford??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawMj24XXgw&feature=youtu.be
Open Position - School Social Worker
24218 Garner Street
Southfield, MI 48033
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT, FAMILY AND SCHOOL NEEDS:
- Conducts assessments and evaluations in accordance with family and student rights.
- Uses student, family, and school assessment results to identify needs that affect student learning.
- Provides social work counseling to students and parents.
- Provides psycho-social assessment and diagnosis of behavior disabilities with recommendations and/or environmental manipulations at the school, home, and/or community with periodic reevaluations.
- Evaluates transcripts; participates, as requested, in planning, implementation and follow-up phases of proficiency testing.
- Participates in Child Study Process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) process as required.
- Makes referral to public or private agencies with appropriate follow-up
- Serves as a liaison between school, family, and community resources.
- Serves as a source of information regarding community resources.
CONSULTATION AND COLLABORATION:
- Participates in case conferences involving cooperation with other pupil personnel workers, school personnel, and community agencies.
- Acts as a consultant to resolve problems concerning issuance of credits.
- Work with students on an individual basis in seeking solution to personal problems related to such areas as home and family relations, health, and emotional adjustment.
PROGRAM PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION, AND EVALUATION:
- Participates in the development of policies and regulations that affect instruction and conditions of success.
- Works cooperatively with the Health Education Teachers to carry out the Academy's sex education program.
- Provides in-service training for staff in guidance programs and in student conflict resolution and self-awareness programs.
- Assumes other responsibilities assigned by the Administrator.
- Conforms to the National Association of Social Work (NASW), Code of Ethics, and Standards for School Social Work practice.
- Assumes responsibility for the orderliness of the learning environment and the appropriate and safe use of instructional facilities and equipment.
- Maintains and administers the student records system according to the Academy, state, and federal regulations and protects the system's confidentiality.
- Organizes time, resources, energy, and workload in order to meet responsibilities.
- Participates in appropriate professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- MSW and Valid state certificate as a School Social Worker.
- Demonstrated competence in all areas of focus.
- Social work case reporting and writing skills.
- Ability to counsel students, parents, and staff, individually and in groups.
- Excellent verbal and written expression using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Exemplary work habits verified by previous employers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and skills of the IEP process.
- Knowledge and skills working with At-Risk students.
- infant mental health or early childhood background preferred
TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM
To apply, please visit: https://choice.workbrightats.com/jobs/
Please contact Courtney Kingma, Human Resources Generalist directly with questions at email@example.com
Choice is an Education Service Provider for charter schools in Michigan and is the employer. Please visit www.choiceschools.com for more information. EEOC