East Shore Leadership Academy currently seeks to hire a Michigan certified teacher for upper elementary. Please apply to Nancy J. Gardner by August 15, 2019.
East Shore Leadership Academy is a K-8 public school academy that opened in the fall of the 2014-15 in Port Huron, Michigan. The school is a designated "Leader in Me" school. The school offers:
- A rigorous academic curriculum
- A leadership program that will develop each student’s individual leadership skills
- An etiquette program that will teach and fine-tune each student’s life skills
- An extended day and school year to optimize time learning
- A school uniform dress code
General Teaching Expectations
- Understands the State and Common Core State Standards and how to implement them in the classroom
- Prepares and implements curriculum and instruction for the specific grade level taught
- Creates a classroom environment that is diverse in set up to meet the needs of individual learning styles
- Plans activities and assignments/projects that is relevant to the students individual needs
- Has a positive attitude and can work well in a team environment
- Is “open minded” and willing to try different skill-sets for the good of the students and the school team
Teachers must have an up-to-date valid Michigan Teaching certificate in at least elementary education.
City of Port Huron, Michigan